Re: [Aroid-l] Arum lily (reed) frog LINDA

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Arum lily (reed) frog LINDA
  • From: LMassey628@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 21:50:22 EDT

In a message dated 4/3/2005 8:44:54 PM Eastern Standard Time, emily.rasmussen@gmail.com writes:
Linda,

How much light do your plants get each day?  How is the soil quality?
I have 3 separate planting of  Zantedeschia aethiopica and the
shadiest bed produces wonderful foliage, but no blooms.  The other two
planting get more sunlight and are currently blooming. Do you
fertilize them? I fed mine a nicely balance fertilizer (I used
16-16-16 granules for use in cool weather) a few weeks ago and they
seemed to perk right up.  Also trimming off any damaged foliage from
slug, frost, or insects help to initiate new growth.

--Emily
Morning sun, then filtered, since its under an oak tree.  I haven't fed it too much since it is growing so well and filling the pot.  I just transplanted it to a 12" pot with ProMix BX.  I use a time release fertilizer with occasional liquid feedings.  But maybe the problem is that we just don't get cold enough in Florida.

Linda