Re: [Aroid-l] Mr Merkel

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Mr Merkel
  • From: T Z tropiczone41@yahoo.com
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 22:37:35 -0700 (PDT)

I will miss Mr. Merkel,    I credit him with the start of my attraction to aroids....

I was a teenager visiting my grandparents near Mr. Merkel's Nursery...I happened

to stop one afternoon and Mr. Merkel was kind enough to show me around and

introduce me to his wonderful collection of plants.

Over the years I would call him  up to see what he had propagated,  he

would then send them off to my mother...and then to me...

It was always nice to see him at the Aroid Show's  and to fill me in on

what might be new to me..

I will truly miss him..

Dave Pixley / Kiyoshi Osonoi

Burbank CA