[Aroid-l] Amorphophallus titanum is growing - webcam link

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus titanum is growing - webcam link
  • From: "Brian O'Brien" <bobrien@gustavus.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 13:52:30 -0500

Hello All,
   We have a large plant of Amorphophallus titanum that has recently initiated a shoot.  We don't know, at present, whether it's a new, massive leaf or an inflorescence.  The corm weighed 90 pounds when it was last repotted, so we hope that enough energy is present for an inflorescence.
   The plant is now being monitored by a webcam at:  http://www.gustavus.edu/academics/bio/titanarum/. The camera takes photos at five-minute intervals.  The site will be periodically updated with background information and links to relevant sites.
   In addition, I've posted some photos at my Flickr site:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/aeranthes/.    All of the titanum photos are currently to be found in the "Aroids" set (and also in the main photostream).  I'll plan to update my site periodically.

Brian O'Brien

--
Brian A. O'Brien, Department of Chemistry, Gustavus Adolphus College
800 West College Avenue, Saint Peter, Minnesota  56082  U.S.A.