Re: [Aroid-l] Spider Mites

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Spider Mites
  • From: ALLAN TETZLAFF <atetzlaff@rogers.com>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 21:04:38 -0400 (EDT)

I left out this in my comments - only referring to chemical solutions.  If you can get the predatory mites, that's a far safer solution both for your plants, yourself, and the environment.....

Alistair Hay <ajmhay@hotmail.com> wrote:
Predatiory mites known as 'persimilis' are extremely effective. I had the worst outbreak of spider mites I have ever seen in my shadehouse, nursery stock and garden last (Aust) summer and they cleared up the lot in a few weeks. I still haven't seen a single spider mite after 5 months.
In terms of safety, effort, result and cost they are far more effective than any spray!