Re: [Aroid-l] Spider Mites

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Spider Mites
  • From: Ken Mosher <ken@spatulacity.com>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 01:07:32 -0400

Gardeners in USA can get Phytoseiulus persimilis and other predatory mite controls at Buglogical.com. I have bought beneficial nematodes from them twice before with no problems.

See specifically (http://www.buglogical.com/gardenCatalog.asp?action=control&typeNumber=spiderMites).

-Ken Mosher

Alistair Hay wrote:
Predatiory mites known as 'persimilis' are _extremely_ effective. I had the worst outbreak of spider mites I have ever seen in my shadehouse, nursery stock and garden last (Aust) summer and they cleared up the lot in a few weeks. I still haven't seen a single spider mite after 5 months.

In terms of safety, effort, result and cost they are far more effective than any spray!