Re: Fw: Scindapsus

  • Subject: Re: Fw: Scindapsus
  • From: brian lee <lbmkjm@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 18:08:06 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Marek,

Aloha.  I just clicked on your website and saw the
photo.  The juvenile leaves are certainly glossy in
this cultivar.  Do you have Harri Lorenzi's book?
Now, do the mature leaves become satiny or matte?

Here in Hawaii, Philodendron hederaceum has the
reputation of being the "flesh-eating" plant because
the sap is extremely irritating to some people.  I
have heard of a couple of people requiring emergency
treatment.  Realize that in Hawaii, this species is
naturalized and somewhat invasive, so the  dose of
contact was probably large.  We have vines that make
thickets that cover many acres.  Sorry about the
tangent.

Aloha,

Leland

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.wschowa.com/abrimaal/araceum/philodendron/brasil.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.wschowa.com/abrimaal/araceum/philodendron/brasil.htm&h=399&w=299&sz=32&hl=en&start=8&um=1&tbnid=7VhHS8b0zwSi4M:&tbnh=124&tbnw=93&prev=/images%3Fq%3DPhilodendron%2B%2527Brazil%2527%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN