Re: Anthurium Marie with infloresence

  • Subject: Re: Anthurium Marie with infloresence
  • From: "Denis" <denis@skg.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:28:09 -0400

Title: Message
Anthurium x Marie is a tissue cultured hybrid Pachyneurium group anthurium. it took Steve Nock a long time to breed an Anthurium with leaves as dark maroon as Marie (named after Steve's beautiful wife Marie)...It probably has a lot of mismatched chromasomes and a bit of aneuploidy thrown in and it does a lot of strange things in growth of branching too much, making mis-shapen spathes and double spadices and in some cases just totally warped growth. We've grown out 1000's of liners oof Marie and your plant is not that unusual. keep it is the brightest light possible to keep the beautiful maroon coloring in the leaves.

Denis
Silver Krome Gardens
Homestead Fl