Re: Alocasia Nishihira , or is it just a brancifolia ?

  • Subject: Re: Alocasia Nishihira , or is it just a brancifolia ?
  • From: Thom Powell <sparky4114@mac.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 11:38:48 -0400

I have found (we have 3 others growing at my job in the greenhouse) that this species likes it on the wet side. We sell a hand carved stone planter from Bali, that for the display I put three of them in. All three were still in their own plastic pot and the pots were hidden with a layer of green moss. I water the hand carved planters and such usually twice a day. We are getting moss to grow on the outside, so they need to be moist. Unintentionally the alocasias have been getting watered somewhat as well. And they are getting low light. The one I purchased is growing quite nicely, just put out a new leaf. I am not keeping it that moist, but not letting it dry out. Granted it's only been in my house for 2 weeks now.

Sent from my iPhone