A Titanum scare!

  • Subject: A Titanum scare!
  • From: Neil Gordon <gneil23@yahoo.co.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:52:28 +0000 (GMT)

Hi, its been quite a few years since Ive been a listee here, I had forgotten about it to be honest!

Anyway, some years ago, I bought 3 Amorphophallus Titanum seeds from someone here on the list, in August 2004. I cant remember your name sorry, if your still out here!

They have been growing away each year now, and are healthy and happy.

BUT, one of them had started to come out of dormancy a few weeks ago, and had started to put up a new shoot. Unfortunately, I was away for several weeks and it didnt get watered (all my other Amorphs are all dormant too, so it didnt occur to me to add them to the list of plants to get watered while I was away. D'oh.

So.... The shoot has not started to shrivel and die off.
My question is , is the dieing off stem about to rot the whole tuber, or will it put forth new growth at some point? Have I helped kill it or will it recover!

For almost 5 years, ive had these plants growing and have not had one problem, until now.
Can anyone give some advice!

Aroid-L mailing list