Dracontium amazonense going dormant?

  • Subject: Dracontium amazonense going dormant?
  • From: "E.Vincent Morano" <ironious2@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 19:30:53 -0700 (PDT)

I ahve a Dracontium amazonense going dormant now. Ive kept is wet and warmer then outside. It started by slowly loosing leaves. finally only one was left and the last one stayed there for about another month. now it is starting to turn yellow and the stem is softening like the others did before falling off.

I also have several offsets in the pot. Non of the offsets ever sprouted but the did grow roots and get larger in size. After checking the offsets, I see that they are dormant also because their roots are gone. I have fertilized them the whole time theyve been growing, almost 2 years now.

Can anyone tell me what is going on here? are they going to sleep or something else? If they are resting, how long will they rest?how should I store them?

Aroid-L mailing list