Re: St. Louis 4/24/10

Zach, I wanted to thank you personally for all your efforts to put this together.  I know that every board member is grateful as well since it is one of our priorities to make chapters an important part of the IAS so we can increase our membership as well as help members find others in their area with whom they can share their interest in aroids.

For those of you that don't know, Zach volunteered more than one year ago to accept responsibility for organizing the MidAmerica Chapter.  He has communicated with Carla, Dr. Croat, Albert and myself on a very regular basis treating this project as if it was a business.  We had charts all away through the process and knew exactly where the potential meeting stood months in advance.  He sent many emails to possible attendees inviting them to participate as well as posted notices on almost every known plant discussion forum.  Without Zach's efforts the meeting is likely to have not been nearly as successful.

We encourage all our members to consider forming a chapter in your area and will gladly offer assistance.  For those of you not aware, there is interest in North Florida, the Northeastern US, the UK and Australia in forming a chapter so please post your interest here or send it to one of the board members if you need help.  Our membership is on an upwards growth trend with a 20% increase in the past year and we want to keep it that way!

My thanks to all who attended the meeting in St. Louis but a special thanks to Carla, Emily, Tom and all the MOBOT staff members that made an effort to make this meeting the success it was.  I enjoyed meeting all of you!  With Zach's guidance we will be starting work on the next meeting shortly and hope even more of you will plan to attend!

Thanks again Zach!  Stellar job.

Steve
www.ExoticRainforest.com