Pollenation of D. gigas.

Dear Hans,    I believe that you would have to place pollen from the ELDER of
the two infloresences onto the spadix of the YOUNGER as SOON as it opens, as
only at this stage is the second [and younger] infloresence at female
anthesis.   This was my experience with D. asperum, which I sucessfully
pollenated and which I produced seed for me some years ago.   Development to
maturity took aprox. ten months!
   I wish you luck if you manage to produce seed in germinating them, as none
of my seed germinated!   The only person that I know of that has germinated
Dracontium seed sucessfully is Joep Moonen in Fr. Guiana, so this hints at a
need for keeping them quite warm.   Good luck!
                                                                      Julius.