Re: Pollenation of D. gigas.

Dear Julius and Hans,

     I'm trying to germinate seeds from both Dracontium margaretae and D.
bogneri. I sowed them 4 weeks ago and nothing happened yet. I think they
will only germinate in the next growing season (early October), with
the first rains of our southern spring. It's a very predictable pattern
here in the Central areas of South America, where the winter is somewhat
dry and it is not suitable for the growth of seedlings. Maybe time is
the key factor. I really don't know if such pattern works for species
from Central America (as D. gigas), but it can be a clue. Probably
Guanghua can help us...
      Whatever, I'll notice you when mine sprout.

Best wishes,