Re: Persisting Taro, Bok

Greetings, locally we have a grower that produces 10,000 Colocasia tubers
each season.  The tubers are dug in November and left to dry for 2 months
before being boxed for shipment to the international bulb (tuber)
companies.  This plant will live in the tuber state for months and if
large, I would guess a year or more.  They dry very slowly and although
they tend to start new growth in warm weather, the development is slow.  I
have some I got in November and they look no different now than when I
picked them from the field.

Dick

--
Richard L. Mansell                             Phone: H(813) 961-7072
Biology Department, LIF 136                           W(813) 974-1588

Home: 13508 Little Lake Place, Tampa, FL 33613-4134

   E-mail-   mansell@chuma.cas.usf.edu
   WWW -     http://www.cas.usf.edu/~mansell/mansell.html