Anchomanes ID, root quest.

Hey aroiders, Two questions as follows:

A couple years ago I bought a couple of Anchomanes... 2 A. hookeri and 2 A.
welwitschii. My problem is this, only one label was sent for each species
and the labels were jumbled in the box when they came. I stuck the two
labels into two of the four pots. OK so far?  Well now they are coming out
of dormancy and I have put the two different labels into two pots of the
same species. So this is a which is which question.

One Anchomanes has now leafed out and the other species leaf blade is still
curled tight. But here is the difference. The species that is already
leafed out has a glaucus bloom on the petiole. The other species petiole
has no bloom on it. I hope this is enough for an ID between these two
species. If not I will wait till the leaf completely unfurls and go from
there.

Second question...

I am having an argument on another list. Can anyone help me? I have never
heard of any plant anywhere that has roots that could be considered
phototropic. Is this a correct assumption??

Thanks for the help,

Neil