Neil's Question #2

I am far from being an expert on ANY plant related subject so this is
pure conjecture on my part. It seems logical to assume that if
phototropism does take place in root systems of some plants, the most
logical place to start looking would be among those genera which show
evidence of photosynthesis in their roots, and among these, those plants
which are leafless. That is, all photosynthesis is performed in the roots.
A (non-aroid) example might be Polyrrhiza lindeni. (I wish I had one to
experiment with, but if I did I wouldn't be telling anyone about it!)