Re: Propogation of Amorphophallus from Petiole Tissue

>We have periodically discussed the propogation of Amorphophallus titanum
>(I believe) from leaf tissue. Has anyone tried this with tissue from
>petioles of any of the A. species?
>
>Don
>

>Don Burns   Plantation, FL USA   Zone 10b

Dear Don,

For my DNA-research I have to cut Amorphophallus leaflets . Just for fun I
kept some of these leaflets in water to see how long they will stay green.
Now I have got leaflets of three Amorphophallus species, which are green
since october and have rapidly developed small tubers with roots. I do not
know whether they will survive a transport into soil, for they are still in
water.

Gijs

Gijs Grob
Rijksherbarium/Hortus Botanicus, University of Leiden
Bijzondere plantkunde, University of Amsterdam
Kruislaan 318
1098 SM Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Tel: (+31.20) 525 7821 /7823