Re: Propogation of Amorphophallus from Petiole Tissue

> We have periodically discussed the propogation of Amorphophallus titanum
> (I believe) from leaf tissue. Has anyone tried this with tissue from
> petioles of any of the A. species?
>
> Don Burns   Plantation, FL USA   Zone 10b

Don,

I have tried it on Amorph. galbra and it failed miserably.
Undeterred I have done another batch of galbra and some variablis.
They are looking ok so far and I am hoping my new whizz-bang
heating pad is going to do the trick.

Cheers,
               Rob.

Rob.McClure