Re: Propogation of Amorphophallus from Petiole Tissue

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Burns <burns@mobot.mobot.org>
To: ju-bo@msn.com <ju-bo@msn.com>
Date: Wednesday, April 07, 1999 10:21 PM
Subject: Propogation of Amorphophallus from Petiole Tissue

>We have periodically discussed the propogation of Amorphophallus titanum
(I believe) from leaf tissue. Has anyone tried this with tissue from
petioles of any of the A. species?

Don<

Dear Don,
My friend Bobby Mc Gehe here in W.P.B. called me and showed me an
Amorphophallus Sp. that had re-generated after it`s petiole had accidently
broken off cleanly about 1" above the tuber, he had just stuck the petiole
back into his potting medium, and it rooted.   It MAY have been A,
albispathus, but I can not be sure.   I believe I wrote to 'King
Amorphohallus' Wilbert and reported it at the time, but again can not be
sure!  This was several years ago.
Cheers,
Julius