Flowering in konjac

Can any one tell me. Will a A.konjac survive if it is left to flower while
dry or unpotted and then potted later to induce the leaf to come out? In
other words is the flower feeding off the tuber without getting any water or
nutrients from soil? I've never dug up a flowering one to see what is going
on. Has anyone else?

Also, does any one know if the flower bud is intitiated and resting from the
previous season or is it formed during the long dormant phase? Wilbert?
Michael Marcotrigiano (email:  marcotrigiano@pssci.umass.edu)
Professor
Rm 211 French Hall
Dept. of Plant and Soil Sciences
Univ of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003  USA
voice: 413-545-5227
fax: 413-545-3075 att: Michael Marcotrigiano