Amorhophallus in my neighborhood?

Hi all,
I'm new to all this aroid-ness, but I just had to tell you what I saw yesterday.  I was walking my dog through my grandma-grandpa type of city neighborhood, when I was astonished to see an Amorphophallus in bloom.  Right there, in a pot, standing next to the garage.  About 3ft high, dark maroon.  I think it was A. konjac, is that the right name?  I told you I was just a beginner.....
It took me by such surprise- both being in a fuddy duddy type old fashioned neighborhood, and standing outside in 40-45 deg F weather!  I snuck down the driveway and sniffed- then wished I had not done so- definitely stinky.  I'll go back today and try to talk to someone or get a picture, although I hope they moved it- it's now about 38F and has been raining since early last night.
Bye for now,
Susan Cooper
Racine, WI