Re: Spider Mites

>Sorry for the Homer Simpson on this, but what was the consensus on
>treatment for BAD spider mite infestation a few weeks ago?
>I was away for a while and arriving back, find my plants under full
>assault and unable to defend themselves. What a frightful scene!
>Withered, puny, aged before their time. Enough to make a grown man cry,
>Tim McNinch

The first thing to do is to give the plants a good shower.  Bath shower or
even kitchen sink sprayer with cold water will do (be sure to try to bet
beneath the leaves, too).  Not a permanent solution - I'm not sure what the
preferred chemical method is these days.  I have used Kelthane, but can't
say that it's been that effective for me.

Don Martinson
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin (Milwaukee suburb)
USDA Zone 5 (-10 to -20F)
AHS Heat Zone #4,  Map at: (  http://www.suite101.com/userfiles/79/hz1024.jpg )