Typhonium violifolium scented or unscented

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Typhonium violifolium scented or unscented
  • From: Paul Tyerman <tyerman@dynamite.com.au>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 22:10:35 -0500 (CDT)

Just a quick comment.....

I don't know how many of you are familiar with an australian native shrub
called "Brown Boronia" (Boronioa megastigma?).  It has the most amazing
perfume that wafts throughout nurseries when they stock them, or throughout
your garden when in flower.  I can smell this perfume when I step into the
nursery and know thaty they are currently in stock.

However..... many people cannot smell the perfume.  People seem either to
be able to or not able to.  There is just something about the perfume.
Nurserymen warn customers that they may or may not be able to smell it, it
is that common for people not to be able to.

Perhaps some of these aroids that people claim are unscented or sweetly
scented have a scent similar to this?  I find the perfume of the brown
boronia absolutely heavenly and as I said can smell it from a long way
away, but others cannot at all.

Just a thought.

Thanks Peoples.

Cheers.

Paul Tyerman
Canberra, Australia.  USDA equivalent - Zone 8
mailto:tyerman@dynamite.com.au