Re: FC Distribution 2000/3

I noticed in this message an offer of seed and other material and there was
one thing that really stuck out to me.
            Fausto wrote:
            <<Althought offer in exchange is very, very
                appreciated, it is not
                necessary (I know what is to have nothing to give
                    in exchange!!).

I just wanted to mention this because I have given so many seeds and plants
in the past and never expected in return anything but postage when I needed

I know there are folks who would so love a gift, but who have nothing to give
in return and they are left out. Perhaps, others would be willing to, in some
way,  give to those who are in this boat with the understanding they too,
will give to another who may or may not have any gift to give to them in
return. It all goes full circle, if we are just a little willing to widen the
circle to as many as we are able to include.

I know we all want new material, but sometimes, we get a lot more by giving
than the seed we get in return, if we are just open to the joy of giving in
the first place. Or is it truly giving, if we expect something in return from
the other?

Food for thought for plant collectors who at times lose sight of the bigger
lessons of this journey of life we All are on.