Sluggo - Efficacious & Good for you too!

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Sluggo - Efficacious & Good for you too!
  • From: "Jay Vannini" <interbnk@terra.com.gt>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 09:29:49 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Don:

Fret not! I have found that Charley's Greenhouses
(www.charleysgreenhouse.com) has the best prices on the web, and have
ordered mine from both there and Gardener's Supply (www.gardeners.com), who
although slightly more costly, ships almost overnight. From U.S. distributor
to my office door in Guatemala (via freight forwarder) takes about a week.

Once a fast food court for aroidicidal mollusks, my residence has now become
slug and snail-free following a coupla months usage of this stuff. I have
recently noticed queries on the AOS's orchid forum as to why the ag-chem
people were so slow to market this product. A Bolshevik plot, perhaps?
Apparently, references to its benefits have been around for quite some time.
My experience is that it will hold up for about a week in heavy rain, but
doesn't go completely "gooshy" until about day 10. I re-broadcast (lightly)
every 15 days now.

Anyways - on a slightly more serious note - Adios gross beer traps, yucky
metaldehyde and rainy nights spent prowling the yard with forceps and
flashlight while the neighbors shutter their windows and hide their
firstborn, etc. Bienvenido, Sluggo! This product is just what the doctor