Re: Source for Philodendrons

  • Subject: Re: Source for Philodendrons
  • From: Carol Ann Bonner <cadastra@mindspring.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:37:30 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, Russ,
	How nice of you to remember and reply!  I've had a couple of posts to the
lists that I wondered if anyone got (although the one to which you refer
wasn't  one of them.)
	Yes, I was aware that many - I don't know about all - philodendrons and
synogniums have different adult leaves than juvenile leaves.  I helped my
mother plant her household pothos in the ground after they moved to
Leesburg and it shot up about 15 feet with leaves probably a foot across,
but, of course, not dissected.  What I don't know is how much Syngonium
leaves change and whether the strongly tripartite ones I've seen in
pictures are characteristic of certain species or are just more mature.  A
friend here just gave me a white-variegated form of S. podophyllum on
Saturday.  What I'd really like is one of the philodendrons that climbs and
develops highly dissected leaves.  It has to climb since I have much more
vertical space than horizontal!  I'm afraid my greenhouse is afflicted with
the all-too-common disease of tripled-in-size/quadrupled-in-content.  Most
of the aroids I have are small and not-so-rare, but I have a lot of other
plants I could trade.  Any other plant families you're interested in?

BTW, where in central Florida are you?

Carol Ann
Nashville