RE: Aroid questions

    The following are good sources of species orchids at more or less
reasonable prices:

Hoosier Orchid Company (hoosierorchid.com).  They are in Indianapolis.  The
owner's name is Will Rhodehamel.  Great selection of species virtually
everything grown from seed.  These plants tend to be on the small side
since they are seedlings raised domestically.

Andy's Orchids (Andysorchids.com).  They are located in Encinitas,
California.  Owner is Andy Philips.  Fantastic collection of species
orchids, virtually everything mounted or in baskets.  Their culture is
unmatched.  Prices aren't cheap, but its hard to find species cheaply

Mountain Orchids (mtorchids.com).  They are located in Ludlow, Vermont.
 Owner is Darrin Norton.  Great selection of species, mostly raised from

Spring Orchids (kbnorris@igc.org).  They are located in Spring Hill, Texas.
 These plants are all imported and the selection tends to go extremely
fast.  They operate as an internet business only (things go that fast).
 Owners names are George and Kathy Norris.  This is a good time to contact
them because they are slow in the Summer and may very well put together a
good package as far as price.  They often do that sort of thing for
societies.  Worth talking to them.  If you do, tell George I sent you.

There are several other good sources of a wide selection but prices tend to
be steep.  If you are looking for commercial material (more hybrid
Phalaenopsis, Dendrobium, etc for color rather than species) send me an
email privately and I may be able to help put you in contact with a
wholesale source who will sell smaller quantities.  I have several friends
in the business.

Ron McHatton