Re: Fw: USDA regulation (seed phytos)

  • Subject: Re: Fw: USDA regulation (seed phytos)
  • From: Regferns@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 01:00:41 -0500 (CDT)

Earlier this year, I received information regarding the new regulations. There is an article at the Tropical Fern & Exotic Plant Society's website: www.tfeps.org/permits1.htm, or go to tfeps.org and click on the Permits button.  At the end of the article there is an official USDA web address where you can see the guidelines.

I too have heard that some port cities are not following the guidelines.  I do know of two cases at the L.A. facility whereby plants were confiscated even though the importers had Plant Importing Permits, but lacked phytosanitary forms.

Reggie Whitehead
www.tfeps.org