[aroid-l] problems solved / to be solved

  • Subject: [aroid-l] problems solved / to be solved
  • From: "Alan Galloway" alan_galloway@bellsouth.net
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:52:04 -0400

Solved:
All subscribers that had thier email delivery set to digest mode on the old
server,
now has that same setting on this new server -- it may take a few more
hours before it becomes effective.

Solved:
All subscribers that had thier email delivery set to be postponed on the old
server, now has the equivalent setting of 'No Mail' set on the new server --
this should be effective immediately.

Diagnosis complete, resolution being put into place:
Some subscribers are receiving postings, but are unable to reply back to the
list.
They are being told that they are not subscribed to the list.  This is due
the new listserv having everyone's email address listed in lower-case.
Subscribers that are not being allowed to post back to the list have 1 or
more
upper-case characters in thier email address as set in thier email clients.
The only way the list-owners are going to be aware of this is when those
subscribers notify us.  This is where we will need your help.  For those
subscribers who have already posted a message and seen it go through,
your subscription is OK.  For those of you that have tried to post and
gotten the error message and not notified us, please send me an
email indicating such (alan_galloway@ncsu.edu).  And unlike that
dumb fool that got snippy about it earlier today, that doesn't help
get the problem resolved.  If you haven't tried to reply back to the
list, please do so, and let me know if you get an error message.

Thanks for your patience, we're almost there,

Alan