Re: [aroid-l] Dry heat death for aroids?

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Dry heat death for aroids?
  • From: POHLMAND@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 13:22:46 EDT

I live in San Bernardino, California where the temperatures reach into the
100's every summer.  My anthuriums, colocasias, amorphophallus, etc. all do very
well in the shade on drip lines.  I have had several of the large anthuriums
over 25 years.

Watch out for winter low temperatures.  The AZ lows may not seem low to you
after Idaho lows, but the plants won't like them.  I bring my plants inside in
the winter.

Donna