Re: [aroid-l] titanum corm storage

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] titanum corm storage
  • From: "Michael Marcotrigiano" <mmarcotr@email.smith.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 13:23:21 -0400

I saw that listing and it looks like something to avoid. Maybe it's
dead? Who would bid on a dormant shriveled corm of anything from a total
stranger. You can buy a t.c. titanum that is green and alive - why risk
this. And the info they provide is shaky.

Michael Marcotrigiano, Ph.D
Smith College
Lyman Conservatory, 15 College Lane
Northampton, MA 01063
email: mmarcotr@smith.edu
voice: 413-585-2741; fax: 413-585-2744
"Art is the unceasing effort to compete with
     the beauty of flowers and never succeeding."
          Marc Chagall

>>> temmerm@skynet.be 08/06/04 11:14AM >>>

I just happened to see on ebay that somebody is offering a titanum
But it is stored dry, and the seller advises that too.  Now, Indonesia
is on
the equator, so it rains there all year round I'd say.  I also think I
several times that they cannot be stored dry.  Can anybody tell me the
facts? Thanks and have a nice day.