[aroid-l] Alocasia reginula

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Alocasia reginula
  • From: Rosalind <rozgold@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:01:16 -0700

Hi folks!

I got a very small rooted cutting of Alocasia reginula about a year ago, and I'm
surprised at how slowly the plant is growing.  It currently has two leaves, and
has only put out one additional leaf since I got it - that leaf didn't seem to
like direct sun, and got discolored and died a few months after it first

I'm growing the alocasia indoors, with several other houseplants, where it gets
indirect sun.  I live in an apartment in Los Angeles, and the temperature rarely
gets below the low 70's, or above the mid-80's.  I'm growing a Monstera delicosa
and Philodendron 'Pink Princess' with moderate success under the same
conditions, and while those plants would clearly prefer more sunlight and
humidity, they are at least putting out new leaves on a regular basis.

Any suggestions would be welcome - thanks!

-Roz, in Southern California