Re: [aroid-l] variegated

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] variegated
  • From: "Temmerman" <temmerm@skynet.be>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 20:13:33 +0200

Hi,

I do like the look of variegated plants.
But I have a question Michael.  You say on ebay that it is not a virus but a
genetic thing.  If it is genetic, how do you explain that it is not always
the same, that it varies greatly and that not even all the offsets are
variegated?  When I compare with let's say Hosta, then the variegation in
the plants is stabile and always the same.  I would rather say that that is
genetic and that yours is a virus?
I am no good when it comes to genetics, so there may well be a perfectly
logical explanation.  I was just wondering.
Whatever causes the variegation, I wish it would show up in more of my
plants:-)

Regards,
Michael