Re: [aroid-l] variegated

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] variegated
  • From: "Michael Marcotrigiano" <mmarcotr@email.smith.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:29:04 -0400

Neil

I guess people like that look. The last one I sold last year went for
475.00. If you take the time to read the web link you will see that they
grow into very stunning variegated leaves - if you don't like
variegation so be it -- but for those who do, this is the aroid holy
grail. I bought a parrot with the profits fromt he last one. One hobby
fuels another.

_______________________________

Michael Marcotrigiano, Ph.D
Smith College
Lyman Conservatory, 15 College Lane
Northampton, MA 01063
email: mmarcotr@smith.edu
voice: 413-585-2741; fax: 413-585-2744
www.smith.edu/garden
www.science.smith.edu/~mmarcotr
"Art is the unceasing effort to compete with
     the beauty of flowers and never succeeding."
          Marc Chagall

>>> neil@ng23.abelgratis.co.uk 08/23/04 01:08PM >>>

On 23 Aug 2004, at 17:20, Michael Marcotrigiano wrote:

> For those of you who were asking I decided to sell a few of my
> variegated Amorphophallus plants (A. konjac 'Shattered Glass'). There

> is
> one on ebay right now.

Looks like the A Bulbifer leaf I left out in the full sun a few weeks
ago!
(only mines more, er... crispy!)

Quite a few Hewitii seedlings there also, I wonder where they came from

:)

Neil