RE: [Aroid-l] Invasive plants

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Invasive plants
  • From: "ron" <ronlene@bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 12:06:09 -0400

Hi Danny,
It's good to hear a response to my note.  This is a very worthwhile example of what can happen when an innocent gardener tries a new plant in his garden.  These invasive "treasures" can do the environment NO good. Call your local County Agricultural Extension Service and tell them about it and they can tell you how to eradicate the pest plant.  DO NOT  offer it to your friends!!   This will further pollute our precious environment.  Let your conscience be your guide.
I am NOT a radical,protestor, environmentalist or a person who chains himself to gates, but I have seen the long term damage that evasive plants and animals can do to our country.  Let's hear some more opinions!    Ron Kessler