RE: [Aroid-l] Ants

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Ants
  • From: "Tropicals" <Tropicals@SolutionsAnalysis.net>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 18:26:48 -0400

John:

We recommend bifenthrin (hmm, spelling) aka Talstar, which is required by
our Department of Agriculture when exporting plants within and out of the
state of Florida; and clear restriction to AZ, CA, HI and LA.  It is gentle
enough to spray delicate young foliage, yes aroids; yet strong enough for
even the nastiest of pests.

Those restricted states are no longer accepting FEES for exceptions for
many, primarily the noxious species list, but not exclusively.  They are
virtually restricting all plant / plant parts from movement into their
states; but we can all see they do not restrict what they export.  Hmm.  As
mentioned we know what the asian scale and other pests have done through
careless importation / exportation; we owe it to our plant recipients and
ourselves to impose proper respect and plant etiquette.

Good luck; if that does not work, there are other solutions.

Bill and Christian
Your AlterNative Solutions Team
www.SolutionsAnalysis.net
Direct to Tropical / Desert Nursery