Re: [Aroid-l] Great Pistia!

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Great Pistia!
  • From: "danny wilson" <mudwasp_@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:25:58 -0700

in america, some are!

>From: "Eduardo Goncalves" <edggon@hotmail.com>
>To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
>Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Great Pistia!
>Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:21:56 +0000
>We (humans) are invasive too... Are we illegal?
>Dr. Eduardo G. Goncalves
>Universidade Catolica de Brasilia
>Curso de Ciencias Biologicas
>Sala M-206, QS 7, Lote 1, EPTC
>CEP 72030-170, Taguatinga ? DF, BRAZIL.
>>From: "danny wilson" <mudwasp_@hotmail.com>
>>To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
>>Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Great Pistia!
>>Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 10:23:51 -0700
>>Aroid-l mailing list
>MSN Messenger: instale grátis e converse com seus amigos.
>Aroid-l mailing list

Check out Election 2004 for up-to-date election news, plus voter tools and more!

invasive means taht something will spread outside of its intended range.  "intended range" is of course relative to who planted teh plants.  bass in a pond doesnt classify as invasive. it calssifies as introduced.

>From: HUDSONSBIRDS@webtv.net
>To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com (Discussion of aroids)
>Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Great Pistia!
>Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 08:33:44 -0500
>The word "INVASIVE" is beginning to bother me. Is it invasive to stock a
>pond or lake with introduced fingerling BASS or BREAM ???Are they also
>to be classed as "invasive"?Water hyacinth can be a hazard to travel in
>boats--but in fact it is a water purification plant at the best.
>"Invasive" is a tricky word  The strongest will survive!!!
>Aroid-l mailing list

On the road to retirement? Check out MSN Life Events for advice on how to get there!
Aroid-l mailing list