RE: [Aroid-l] Great Pistia!

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Great Pistia!
  • From: "ron" <ronlene@bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:13:03 -0400

A plant in the wrong place is not invasive unless it starts to replace the
native plants in these places. It is just called a "weed".  We have plenty
of those, unfortunately.   A good example is Oxalis. In its present form, it
would have great difficulty replacing its neighbors, but it is indeed
usually a pest.  Before I get to many complaints, there are some species of
Oxalis that make beautiful potted plants.  As for Humans, some think they
can be invasive also.  Ron