Re: [Aroid-l] Lasia spinosa seed germination

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Lasia spinosa seed germination
  • From: "Alistair Hay" <ajmhay@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:19:18 +1000

I would defer to the expert, Julius, on anything to do with cultivating
members of the Lasieae, but on the matter of the habit of L. spinosa, I can
say that it is very variable: from tightly clumping erect-stemmed forms
through decumbent to stoloniferous ones.

Like the degree of dissection of the leaf blade, it can be partly accounted
for by environment, but only partly: plants with different habit can still
be differentiated when they are grown under identical conditions.
Alistair