RE: [Aroid-l] Trudy the Titan is Back

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Trudy the Titan is Back
  • From: "Weaver, Bill" bill.weaver@hp.com
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 10:39:13 -0500

Trudy was about 50 pounds when planted last year. I haven't
weighed it since then. Most of my aroids I keep in their pots
completely covered and slightly moist. Even though I use a very
loose mix of 2 parts pumice to 1 part potting soil I am a bit
paranoid about losing the titan so I vacuum the soil off the
top of the corm so I can check its condition and re-bury it
and start watering when it starts to sprout.