Re: [Aroid-l] Aglaonema 'Abidjan'.

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Aglaonema 'Abidjan'.
  • From: "Bluesea" chammer@cfl.rr.com
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 11:40:20 -0400

Marek, I have not questioned the ID of this Aglaonema. Yes, the correct spelling is 'Abidjan'. The name comes from a city on the Ivory Coast of Africa, near where Voster found it in a local nursery back in the 70s.

Are you a collector? I'm always interested in increasing my collection, always willing to trade. Also passionate about
Philodendrons and Monsteras.

central Fla

I've found a few photos on the web using google, which I append. I'm not quite sure if they were labelled correctly, but when it was presented in two websites under the same name, I'm rather convinced that the plant is 'Abidjan' (I found it also as 'Abijan', but I think it was a typing mistake). For sure it's not 'Queen of Siam'. Marek
Aroid-l mailing list