Re: [Aroid-l] Brooklyn Titan blooming

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Brooklyn Titan blooming
  • From: Paul Tyerman ptyerman@ozemail.com.au
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 23:35:30 +1000

At 01:17 AM 19/08/2006, you wrote:

Dear All,

Our Titan is done and the spadix collapsed, but thanks to the generous
donation of pollen from Virginia Tech's division of Biological Sciences,
we are waiting to see if our pollination attempts have succeeded. There
was of course a tremendous amount of hype but that withstanding the
public really embraced our little event. It was special in that it
Dave and all,

Not sure if it is of interest or not, but your Titan was shown here on our news in Australia as well. So there was definitely hype. We have had a few news items at times on Titans blooming around the world. Always interesting to see them on the news, having already heard about them here on Aroid-L. <grin>

Paul Tyerman
Canberra, Australia - USDA Zone Equivalent approx. 8/9

Growing an eclectic collection of plants from all over the world including Aroids, Crocus, Cyclamen, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Galanthus, Irises, Trilliums (to name but a few) and just about anything else that doesn't move!!
Aroid-l mailing list