Re: [Aroid-l] Thyphonium nubicum vs Typhonium venosum 'IndianGiant'?

This is very interesting. I have T. venosum. It has very spotted petioles, but grows to 4.5 – 5 feet in my greenhouse, 3.5 - 4.5 out doors. The younger leaves are more dissect as Brian shows them, the older leaves are less so, especially in the greenhouse. Maybe I have hybrids? Maybe the different forms are clinal and my material was collected in between them? Seems like an interesting amount of variability. Any suggestions?

D. Christopher Rogers

Invertebrate Ecologist/Taxonomist

EcoAnalysts, Inc.

(530) 406-1178

707 Dead Cat Alley

Suite 201

Woodland, CA 95695 USA

Invertebrate Taxonomy

● Invertebrate Ecological Studies

● Bioassessment and Study Design

● Endangered Invertebrate Species

● Invasive Invertebrate Species

● Periphyton/ Phytoplankton

● Zooplankton

Moscow, ID ● Bozeman, MT ● Woodland, CA ● Joplin, MO ● Selinsgrove, PA