Pollen question

  • Subject: Pollen question
  • From: Brian Williams <pugturd@alltel.net>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 11:07:03 -0400

I have been wondering what is the average time for pollen once it touches the female florets to begin forming the fruit? Does this happen in just a few minutes hours days? I am also wondering what the time maybe in other plants such as Cannas? The reason for this question is watering and rain. It would be interesting to know how long the pollen should be on before it is washed away.
Aroid-L mailing list