Re: How old are the aroids?

  • Subject: Re: How old are the aroids?
  • From: brian lee <lbmkjm@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 12:43:13 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Pete and all,

Aloha.

Perhaps Dr. Ruth Stockey is lurking about on aroid-l...she and I have corresponded offline...we had a common connection with Betty
Speirs, an amateur fossil researcher of a site called Joffre Bridge in Red Deer, Alberta.  Betty is no longer with us, but Ruth is in charge of her collections of fossils from Joffre Bridge.  I am sure you know Ruth and her husband,Dr. Gar Rothwell...and their publications on fossil Araceae, including Cobbania.

If we do not hear from her, I'll drop her a line and see if we cannot include her on this discussion.  She may be on summer vacation.

Aloha,

Leland