Re: Odd behavior on Colocasia.

Hi,

I have grown Colocasia gigantea as annuals, planted out in temperate climate. As they are strong growers under optimal conditions in our summer, they showed similar behaviours. After investigating the petioles, I found out that some of the extensively produced rhizoms went caught in the petioles. As soon the leaf finally goes, the new offset survives as soon the knot is touching ground and new roots are formed.
A similar behaving I found with climbing Philodendrons and Monsteras, where it frequently happened that aerial roots developed in the shelter of petioles.

Best regards
Helmut Reisenberger