Re: Ficus identification

Sharon,

All that I can offer is that from the way it appears that the Ficus
almost immediately formed the swollen storage stem base I would guess
that it is one of the strangler figs, a hemiepiphyte. If that
assumption is correct, then that eliminates most of the commonly
known and grown species. Good luck, and please keep me posted on your
progress. If on down the road you do some air-layering or cuttings,
I'd be interested.

Jonathan