Re: Dracunculus growing on clay Z5

  • Subject: Re: Dracunculus growing on clay Z5
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 20:51:41 +0200

Hello Jan,

As I rememer you live in Hungary, am I right?
I'm afraid they would not survive outdoors.
according to the IAS map (attached) I live in zone 7,
I live in western Poland, near the letter "n" of "Berlin",
If the map is reliable, your zone is 6
(more continental climate with colder winters)

If you have many tubers, you can always try,
plant it deep (about 15 cm) and add something loose
I don't guarantee a success, but I'll give you a hint:
plant it with a pot, after the winter it'll be easy to find if it's still there.

Best,
Marek