Monstera fruits - when ripe?

  • Subject: Monstera fruits - when ripe?
  • From: Steve Marak <samarak@gizmoworks.com>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 17:53:46 -0500 (CDT)

Thanks to all of you who responded about the Monstera fruits. Knowing what
to look for (for what to look?) helps a lot.

I do see that the ones from last year are are beginning to decline toward
horizontal a little bit, so perhaps soon ...

We'll be cautious in tasting and handling. I routinely clean aroid seed
(and pretty much all others too) without gloves and have never experienced
any skin irritation, so I'm less concerned about that, but I understand
this does not necessarily carry over to eating something.

Steve

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@gizmoworks.com