Re: RIP my Titanums :(

Hi Neil,

sorry to read about loosing your titanums.

I made the experience too and had to learn that especially small tubers are hardly to rescue once they start to rot; the cut surface after cleaning is probably too large in relation to the small tuber's volume.

Low temperatures ( < 20 °C / 68 °F) during dormancy are probably very critical, too.

And keeping titanum totally dry during dormancy might make them prone to rotting, too.

Do a search for : Amorphophallus storage

at this page:

where some of the older recommendations for storing Amorphophallus species were updated.

And don't worry about the prices of the big titanums at ebay; just wait for smaller ones....

Happy growing,